At Loreto, we offer students the opportunity to take part in an Enrichment Programme.
Voluntary work within school
- Students may assist the Learning Support Department in providing additional support to younger pupils either in lessons or during lunchtimes in homework clubs.
- Students may wish to take part in the Reading in Registration scheme with Year 7.
- Students may wish to volunteer in the library by assisting with the training of Year 7 pupils.
- Students may wish to apply to become Prefects or members of the Senior Prefect Team.
External Work Experience
- Students also have the opportunity to take part in a week of work experience in July of Year 12. This is always a very positive experience in which students are able to gain valuable skills to prepare them for their future careers.
In addition to academic studies, we aim to provide a substantial enrichment programme designed to address the personal and spiritual development of each student. All post-16 students’ benefit from taking part in a wide variety of activities designed to broaden their experience. Examples of some of the opportunities available for students to take part in include:-
- A Sixth Form Induction course in July
- Organisation of social activities and community events
- PSHCE Events
- Charity Work
- Higher Education Information Sessions
- The Accumulator Challenge (Fundraising for the Peace Hospice)
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Unifrog: Careers advice and support
16 – 19 Tuition Fund
All students who have not achieved a 4 grade in either Maths or English are provided with additional support to be able to achieve the pass in Maths and English. The students are provided with small group tuition and individual support by an experienced Maths / English teacher.